Man Arrested on Campus After Fondling Student at Bus Stop

On January 18th a Seattle Central Student was ‘fondled’ by a ‘homeless’ man while waiting for the bus outside of the Broadway Edison building says a campus crime report. The report does not indicate the time of the event but the man was later arrested by Seattle Police in a bathroom in the Broadway Edison building.

The man “forcibly grabbed the females buttocks several times,” reads the report.  A witness called the Seattle Police Department who arrived and found the man in a bathroom near the main elevators on campus. The man was arrested without further incident and was not in possession of any weapons. Here is the full report from Director of Safety and Security, Elman Mclain:

On Friday, January 18, 2013, a Seattle Central Community College student was “fondled” by a homeless man while waiting for a Metro Bus on Broadway near the main entrance to the campus.  The subject forcibly grabbed the females buttocks several times.

A witness who observed the incident called 911, Seattle Police Officers arrived on the scene.  While waiting for the police to arrive Campus Security Officers found the suspect in the first floor men’s restroom near the center elevators.  SPD Officers took the suspect into custody and found no weapons on the suspect.

This is the second incident involving campus security that lead to arrest in the last two weeks. We will follow up with SPD for a full report of the incident and provide additional information as it becomes available.